Each month at we focus on a topic that will help you move smart so you feel better, and stay motivated. You will find links to Exercising WELL YouTube videos (all less than 5 minutes each), articles and more information about the motivation and exercise science behind this unique approach to exercise.
Start Smart, Stay Motivated
- Learn more about The Habit Loop from Judson Brewer, MD’s research on mindfulness, habits, and addiction
- Download your FREE 2020 Vision for Health and Well-being worksheet
- Learn more about the Principals of Exercise Training
Move Smart with a Smart Core
Video: Move smart with core smarts
Exercise mindsets that maximize results and motivation
- TED talk by Alia Crum, PhD: Change your mindset, change the game
- Research on the power of mindset
- Research on self-kindness
- Research study: Mindset Matters: exercise and the placebo effect
- Research study: Perceived Physical Activity and Mortality study
- Resources for strengthening self-compassion skills
- Exercise science Principle of Specificity
- Research article: Booth FW, Roberts CK, Thyfault JP, Ruegsegger GN, Toedebusch RG. Role of Inactivity in Chronic Diseases: Evolutionary Insight and Pathophysiological Mechanisms. Physiol Rev. 2017;97(4):1351–1402.