If you are a professional who recommends exercise to patients or clients, such as a health care provider, health or career coach, researcher, or program manager, Exercising Well is here to make your job easier.
You know exercise is good for your clients and patients. In the space between knowing and doing, there are many details. Exercising Well takes care of those details for you. If you have spent time trying to get clients to exercise, only to have them continue to struggle with making it a habit, you know there are many challenges that get in the way.
If we know what works for exercise and motivation, why isn’t it used more?
There are three main reasons why starting and sticking with an exercise program is a struggle for so many people:
- Under-regulated industry. The fitness industry is largely unregulated. Anyone can call themselves a trainer or a fitness expert. Without the same standards required for other health professionals, many popular exercises are based on what is marketable, not science-based. People need to be savvy fitness consumers to avoid being misguided.
- Ingrained cultural beliefs. Reality TV shows and a highly popular focus on athletic performance perpetuate the concept of ‘no pain, no gain’ or the need to push your body to get results. These strategies work for competitions but were never meant for exercise for health and well-being. The methods of pushing through tough workouts and using criticism to stay motivated work against the known strategies for lasting motivation, resulting in the downward spiral of all-or-nothing when it comes to exercise.
- Designed for people who are fit. Most programs are not able to be adapted for the unique physical and mental needs of someone who is deconditioned, carrying extra weight, or dealing with a health issue. Clients often believe they have to endure feeling worse before they can feel better and end up concluding they ‘can’t exercise’ or are ‘not an exerciser’. Even beginner can be too much for most people. They are simply missing the foundation of movement and motivation that have been lost when someone is ‘out of shape’.
The science-based way out of the struggle
After three decades and thousands of conversations with people about exercise and applying a science-based, whole-person approach to exercise, I have seen people break free of the struggle and finally enjoy exercise with confidence they can stick with it. In health coaching, I use motivational techniques like motivational interviewing and illustrate concepts like the Habit Loop and apply them specifically to the sciences of clinical exercise physiology, biomechanics, and exercise chemistry. I love taking the brain and body sciences and making them user-friendly so exercising is simplified without excluding the important details that make exercise such a powerful medicine for health and well-being.
Exercising Well is the solution
The Exercising Well creates lasting positive exercise habits for health and well-being through a unique approach to exercise that is
- Professionally guided. Because knowing what to do is not enough, regular health coaching sessions are part of every membership level of Exercising WELL. This ensures that clients have consistent guidance for exercising year-round, through the inevitable changes in their schedule, body, and the weather. Through a HIPAA secure platform, they message me directly to ask questions, work through challenges, or share successes.
- Designed for people who are deconditioned and struggling with motivation. Turning around the spiral of inactivity takes a personalized approach. By starting with a combination of weekly coaching and step-by-step simple online programs, client gain confidence in their body and themselves again.
- Simple and flexible. The program is designed for busy lifestyles, tired bodies, and resistant minds. That means clients find exercise fits their lifestyle and their body from day one. They no longer feel they have to put life on hold or push their body in order to be healthy.
How to use Exercising WELL to free you and your clients from the struggle with exercise
- Schedule a call with me to discuss how Exercising WELL can make your job easier. Click here to schedule.
- Join my email list and receive motivating information about exercise you can use right away. Click here to join.
- Check out the Free Resources tab in the menu bar at the top of this page for resources you can share with your clients
This client story is just one example of how I can make your job easier
“I began my journey with Janet as a way to manage stress. I was pleased to discover that a new physical strength came along with the inner peace. I’m not talking about six pack abs but rather a strength and stability in my core that benefited every aspect of my aging body. I was never more grateful for this core strength until I was recuperating from unexpected major gastrointestinal surgery. I was off all pain meds by day two, independent by nursing standards, getting in and out of bed by day three, and discharged on day four. My recuperation at home was not easy but I know for sure that the strength of my core made all the difference in my healing and recovery.”